Eager to join a growing startup that develops and produces high tech instruments to advance science? If we currently don’t have a suitable job opening for your profile, you are welcome to send a speculative application at any time.
X-Spectrum GmbH is a spin off company of the German research institute DESY. We provide cutting-edge detectors for X-ray experiments at large-scale research facilities and laboratories. Our next generation X-ray cameras make a difference and enable faster and better research.
We are a truly international team embedded in one of the world’s leading research centers and work with industrial partners and scientists from many major research centers around the world.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
X-Spectrum is located on the campus of the DESY research center in the beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany
- Be part of a growing startup with excellent advancement opportunities
- Enter an exciting international research community
- Be independent, creative and develop your own customer base
If you think we should get to know you, send your application to email@example.com
Application Scientist X-Ray Detectors (m/f/d)
X-Spectrum GmbH is committed to scientific progress in the field of research with synchrotron radiation. We develop and sell state-of-the-art detectors for research facilities and laboratories. From our headquarters at the German Electron Synchrotron DESY in Hamburg, we collaborate with partners and scientists from all over the world. Our international team consists of motivated individuals who are passionate about technology. To strengthen our sales team, we are looking for a like-minded Application Scientist (m/f/d).
- You are responsible for the complete sales cycle: from first customer contact, in-depth discussions of the customers’ technical requirements and our detector technology, offer preparation and closing sales deals as well as after-sales support
- Technical customer support including frequent on-site visits, as well as the preparation and management of measurement campaigns on site if required
- Travel to international conferences as well as synchrotron user meetings to advertise our products and forge relationships with potential customers
- You will work closely with our internal departments (Production & Development, and Software Development) to improve our products in line with customer feedback
- You have a technical scientific background
- You have good communication and networking skills and feel comfortable to approach new and existing customers
- You are fluent in English
- You enjoy international travelling
- Previous experience using synchrotron radiation is preferred
- Scientific programming skills are a plus
competitive salary | permanent position | working closely with the scientific community | home office opportunity | high level of innovation | modern office on DESY Campus (Start-up Labs Bahrenfeld)| an enthusiastic, ambitious and friendly team!
Please apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Stefanie Jack.
Luruper Hauptstraße 1
22547 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: +49 40 8998 3595